For 15 years Seabourn Cruise Liners have collaborated with Molton Brown offering their products onboard as complimentary amenities and last year Molton Brown created two bespoke fragrances for Seabourn. The Seabourn Collection has not been available to purchase until now! For a limited time only, the two fragrances are available instore and online.
On a recent evening in Rome, Bulgari announced American model of the moment Bella Hadid as the face of their new fragrance Goldea, The Roman Night. CEO Jean-Christophe Babin introduced Hadid as she walked down Rome’s iconic Spanish Steps as “The Goddess of the Roman Night? Goldea Hadid!”.
My love of fragrance first developed from my love of essential oils and aromatherapy. In my younger years, I had numerous little brown bottles of various oil which I would use to make my own blends. Last Thursday at the Pamper & Style event in the Tower Hotel, I meet Orla from Salon an Oir who introduced me to the brand doTerra. I was seriously impressed not only with the brand which she uses both personally and in her salon but also her in depth knowledge of essential oils.
The ‘Oscars’ of the perfume world The Fragrance Foundation Awards 2017 were held last Thursday 18th May at The Brewery London. People from throughout the industry came together to celebrate fragrance in all it’s glory. The winners received a beautiful award created by French company Lalique, experts in all things crystal. And so, the winners are:
Last Sunday myself and a few friends attended a charity event Get The Girls Out sponsored by Tom Murphy Car Sales, an Afternoon Tea & Fashion Show at Faithlegg House Hotel to raise awareness of Breast Cancer. What made this event so special? The models were all Breast Cancer survivors and were so inspirational they made a great day, a fantastic day.
Last year Clarins released limited edition versions of its iconic Hand & Nail Treatment Cream (according to Clarins, one Hand and Nail Treatment Cream is sold every 30 seconds worldwide). Following on from their huge success, this year they are back with three new limited editions; Grapefruit Leaf, Mandarin Leaf and Lemon Leaf.
Kildare Village is home to more than 80 Irish & international fashion & lifestyle brands including the new Penhaligons store which I visited last week. In fact it is the only Penhaligons store in Ireland. Founded by English barber William Penhaligon, each store contains 38 unusual & distinctive fragrances, bath, body & grooming products, candles and gifts.
“We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today”
The Penhaligons store in Kildare Village is visually stunning, dark wood and glass cabinets, mirrored tables showcasing the products to perfection with enchanting displays. The store is warm and inviting and encourages exploration.
Some suggested fragrances to explore:
- Hammam Bouquet (1872) – the 1st scent, a gents floriental inspired by the steam from the Turkish baths in London with Turkish Rose, Jasmine, Woods, Musk & Orris.
- Blenheim Bouquet (1902) – so named after Blenheim Palace, a gents fragrance with Citrus, Spice & Wood notes.
- English Fern (1910) – inspired by “rain freshened English forest” contains Clover, Lavender, Geranium, Woods, Patchouli and Moss.
- Bluebell (1978) – containing Hyacinths, Citrus notes, Rose, Jasmine, Clove, Cinnamon & Galbanum, Penhaligons describe this ladies scent as a “walk through sun dappled spring woodland”.
- Artemisia (2002) – a ladies scent inspired by the romantic tales of Greek Mythology and named after the Goddess of the Hunt, Artemis. Orchid Fruits, Green Foliage, Jasmine, Violets, Lily of the Valley, Vanilla and Amber.
- Endymion (2003) – a gents scent named after Endymion, the son of Zeus who was placed into a perpetual slumber by the Goddess of the Moon so that she could gaze upon him. Mandarin, Sage, Lavender, Resins, Nutmeg, Cardamom and Coffee.
- Sartorial (2010) – a fougere scent for gentleman and described as an “illustration of a tailor’s workroom”, it contains Lavender and Tonka Bean.
- Juniper Sling (2011) – London Dry Gin in a gents scent, it contains Juniper, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Brown Sugar and Amber.
- Vaara (2013) – so named for the granddaughter of His Royal Highness Maharaja Gaj Singh II, this gents fragrance combines Coriander, Saffron, Juicy Quince, Roses, Magnolia, Honey, White Musks and Tonka Bean.
- Iris Prima (2013) – a collaboration with the English National Ballet, a scent for ladies with Citrus, Iris, Jasmine Sambac and Musky Leather notes.
- Equinox Bloom (2016) – the first gourmand fragrance by Penhaligons, this ladies fragrance is based on the tradition of afternoon tea. Frangipani, Brown Sugar, Violet Leaves, Orange Blossom, Jasmine Sambac, Benzoin Siam and Ambrox.
My purchase on the day was the delicately citrus scented Quercus Hand & Nail Lotion with grapeseed oil to strengthen nails and sweet almond oil & cocoa seed butter to keep hands soft and protected. As it is Kildare Village it was two for €30, one for me & one for my mum!
While I did ask permission before taking the photos, Carrie the instore expert did not know I was planning on writing this post. Carrie was both friendly and knowledgeable without being intrusive and having worked in retail for over 16 years, I was really impressed. My purchase was wrapped in tissue paper scented with the Quercus scent and I received three samples to try: Iris Prima as mentioned previously, Levantium a rich warm and woody Oud and the floral Gardenia.
So next time you find yourself on the doorstep of Kildare Village, make sure you pay a visit to Penhaligons – highly recommended.
Follow LilyandOlive on:
Facebook : LilyandOlive
Twitter : @OKaneShirley